JOSEPH A. DEFURIA
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney
Joseph DeFuria, Esq. was born and raised in Bloomfield, NJ. Mr. DeFuria has dedicated his practice to representing individuals who have sustained serious injuries due to the negligence of others. Mr. DeFuria has been certified as a Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey since 2010. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Delaware in 1990 and his law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law in 1993. Mr. DeFuria has been admitted to the Bar of the State of New Jersey since 1993.
Mr. DeFuria’s practice is focused exclusively in the areas of personal injury and worker’s compensation, and he regularly appears in courts throughout the State of New Jersey. He has obtained countless settlements and verdicts on behalf of injured employees and individuals throughout his career.
Mr. DeFuria also serves as a Tax Commissioner for the Essex County Board of Taxation and previously served as the Municipal Judge for the Borough of Caldwell, as well as the Municipal Prosecutor for the Borough of Caldwell and the Township of West Caldwell.
Recent Verdicts & Recoveries:
- $120.000 Client had surgery who injured his back in a motor vehicle accident
- $225,000 Client injured his back in a motor vehicle accident while at work.
- $73,500 Client had shoulder surgery after a fall at a construction site while working.
- $85,000 Client injured his back lifting at work.
- $77,000 Client injured his neck lifting at work.
- $111.000 Client injured his lower back while lifting at work.