FRANCIS J. SWEENEY, III
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney
Mr. Sweeney was born and raised in New York City. Mr. Sweeney attended Hobart College for his undergraduate studies and obtained his juris doctorate at Pepperdine University. He is a Member of the Passaic County Bar Association, Morris County Bar Association, American Association for Justice- NJ.
Mr. Sweeney concentrates his practice in complex personal injury litigation with an emphasis on medical malpractice and catastrophic injuries. Mr. Sweeney has tried cases throughout New Jersey and has appeared before the Federal District Court, the Appellate Division and the Superior Court of the State of New Jersey. Mr. Sweeney clerked for the Honorable Frank M. Donato (J.S.C.).
New Jersey Supreme Court Certified Attorney
The selection methodology can be found here.
No aspect of this advertising has been approved by the supreme court.
Recent Verdicts & Recoveries:
- $1,300,000 Settlement, for a 42-year woman who was rear-ended in a motor vehicle accident. Although there was minimal property damage, the client suffered a significant neck injury. Mr. Sweeney was able to demonstrate that the injury would have a far-reaching serious impact on all aspects of her life.
- $675,000.00 Settlement, for a 37-year-old man who was rear-ended while waiting to merge onto a surface street after exiting the highway. The client was able to return to work but suffered an injury to his low back requiring spinal surgery.
- $600,000.00 Settlement for a 38-year father of 3 who was stopped paying a toll after exiting the Garden State Parkway when another vehicle failed to maintain control of his vehicle in snowy conditions. The client was able to return to work but suffered an injury to his low back which required fusion surgery.
- $457,000.00 Recovered for a 46-year-old man who sustained a neck injury when another motorist attempted a U-turn directly in front of him, effectively causing the client to drive directly into the side of the other motorists vehicle.
- $400,000 Recovery for a 32-year-old woman who slipped and fell on an ice patch in a parking lot that had not been treated throughout a thaw, freeze cycle.Â The client was able to return to work but sustained an injury to her low back which required surgical intervention.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.