You’re pretty much putting your life and trust in someone else’s hands when you hire an attorney. So, it’s important they are someone in whom you can put your trust – 100%. You should immediately look into hiring a new attorney if you are unhappy with your current representative.
On the other side of the coin, maybe you were in the middle of what you thought was going to be a successful personal injury case and your lawyer dropped you. If a personal injury lawyer drops a case, they likely have their own reasons for doing so.
Let’s examine both scenarios.
My Personal Injury Lawyer Dropped My Case: Can I Hire A New One?
A lawyer can drop a case or a client for a number of reasons including the following:
- Their client refuses to cooperate with them
- The client is trying to mislead the court
- Their client demands unrealistic results
- The client is asking the attorney to pursue unethical tactics
- The advice of the attorney is not being followed by the client
- The client refuses to be truthful… and numerous other reasons
Why Do People Drop Their Attorneys?
You hired an attorney because you thought you were going to get the compensation you deserved and that your rights would be represented in court. You’re now thinking you made a mistake. Know this: At any time, you have the right to fire an attorney. It should be done in writing, and your reasons should be documented.
Here are some common reasons why people fire their legal representation:
- They’re not getting the information they need. For example, what is the case worth and when will it be settled? They are likely concerned about debt piling up, getting back to work, and more.
- They haven’t been told that their case was started, settled, discussed, etc. This, despite the fact that the attorney was hired over a year ago!
- Their question as to why things are taking so long is never answered. They don’t know what kind of progress is being made in their case.
- Their concerns and questions are never answered because no one ever calls them back, despite numerous attempts at contacting the attorney.
One of the most important things when it comes to an attorney/client relationship is communication. Honesty is a close second, if not tied with first. That applies to both parties!
Did Your Case Get Dropped? Do You Want to Fire Your Attorney? Turn to the Champions of Justice – Corradino & Papa
Did your personal injury attorney drop your case? Are you trying to get someone to take your case, but having a hard time doing so? Do you want to fire your current lawyer?
The knowledgeable, experienced attorneys at Corradino & Papa want to hear your story. Schedule a consultation so we can hear the basics surrounding your prospective personal injury case.
We are a Clifton, New Jersey-located personal injury law firm that is proud to serve clients in and around the following areas:
- Essex County
- Bergen County
- Union County
- Hudson County
- East Orange
- North Arlington
- And many more cities/counties
Fill out our convenient online form to book a free consultation at no obligation to you. You can reach someone seven days a week, 24 hours a day.