TIMOTHY J. FONSECA
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney
We are pleased to announce that Timothy J. Fonseca is now a partner of the firm.
Timothy J. Fonseca, Esq. joined the firm in 2013 and concentrates his practice on personal injury matters of all kinds including motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, dog bite accidents, and product defect matters.
Mr. Fonseca received the distinction of being on a list called “New Jersey Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers each year from 2012-2019. Since being admitted to practice law in New Jersey and New York in 2006, Mr. Fonseca has gained extensive litigation and trial experience handling dozens of matters from inception through trial and the Appellate level. Mr. Fonseca’s past experience primarily focused on representing civil defendants through their insurance companies. His insurance experience has given him an insider’s perspective to the insurance industry, which often serves as an advantage when litigating and entering settlement negotiations on behalf of the plaintiffs he now represents.
Mr. Fonseca is a native of Northern New Jersey, having grown up in Passaic County. He is a 2003 graduate of Rutgers College and a 2006 graduate of Albany Law School. After law school, he spent a year clerking for Hon. Nestor F. Guzman, J.S.C. in the Passaic County Superior Court Criminal Division. He now lives with his wife, Lindsay, and their two young sons in Montville and can often be seen running along the roads training for his next marathon or road race.
No aspect of this advertising has been approved by the supreme court.
Recent Verdicts & Recoveries:
- $500,000 Jury Verdict in Essex UIM Case.
- $1,225,000 recovery for a client who tripped on a sidewalk.
- $895,000 global recovery reached on behalf of three victims injured by a tractor-tanker.
- $845,000 recovery for a plaintiff who was stopped in traffic on a major highway when a chain collision behind her resulted in a five-car pileup.
- $600,000 recovery on behalf of a pregnant woman who was injured when she slipped and fell in a major area grocery store.
- $550,000 recovery on behalf of a Plaintiff who was T-boned by a commercial van that ran a red light causing neck injuries.
- $500,000 recovery against a major interstate trucking company on behalf of a plaintiff who was sideswiped by a tandem tractor-trailer.
- $500,000 recovery on behalf of a Plaintiff who underwent emergency surgery to repair a leg that was broken when he slipped and fell on an icy sidewalk.